Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My tv is stuck in pc source mode

Customer Question

My tv is stuck in pc source mode
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Does TV stay On or switch Off after some time?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number LN46B530P7N
It keeps turning on and off
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had on-off problem?

- Have you tried to press and hold Source button on TV for few seconds to see if it change to other source mode?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried holding source button. The screen ass "no signal". Tried using remote and button, holding down and it does not switch. TV is only 3 years old.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Just to clear, does TV stay power On?

If it turns off and back On itself then there is a problem in TV power supply board.

TV must stay On to change the input source.

Please confirm if TV switch Off and back On itself to assist you further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I mentioned before in this thread, it turns on and off.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, TV symptoms indicate hardware issue with power supply board as TV boots up, main controller chip resets and again boots up, this keeps going on and during this time main controller chip doesn't get your Source change command so you get TV stuck on same input source (PC).

It mostly happens due to failing capacitors and need to either replace bad capacitors on power supply board or entire power board of TV to get the TV On (boot up fully) so it can get your commands. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.