Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My tv does not turn on picture or sound. All I get is a

Customer Question

My tv does not turn on picture or sound. All I get is a "whirring" or humming noise. It is a Mitsubishi wd-62327 projection tv.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- Was the same "whirring" or humming noise coming from TV before the bulb replacement?

- Do you get any solid/ flashing light on TV front when TV switches Off/ refuse to turn On?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sound started before I replaced the bulb, but after there was no picture or sound. The lights on the front are normal, i.e. a solid green light when tv is on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing that I can think it might be is a cooling fan of some sort. Otherwise, I am not aware of any moving parts that would make that noise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned it on tonight after replacing the bulb and pressed "Menu" to see what might happen. It did stop the noise for a few seconds and then it started again.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about delayed reply, I was away from computer.

There is another moving part inside TV calls 'color wheel' and it is located in light engine that projects the image to TV front screen, that noise would be coming from color wheel and this part tends to go out after long time service.

Please click following link to view color wheel image for better idea..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi-17s5593020-color-wheel.htm#

TV will take apart in details to take out light engine for color wheel replacement, if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for the trouble in TV, I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.