Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Something has gone wrong with my TV. The cable and DVR is

Customer Question

Something has gone wrong with my TV. The cable and DVR is hooked up right, but I get no picture. It shows the information across the bottom, but then the picture doesn't come on. I may have hit the wrong button on the TV remote. We have a universal remote that has worked up until now.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Please describe what information across the bottom is showing up?

2. If you try to bring up the GUIDE, what happens?

3. Please describe exactly how did you reboot the system?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I rebooted the system by unplugging the DVR and letting it come back on line. I did it with the TV on and with it off.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Please describe what information across the bottom is showing up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the normal information with channel being watched, show that is on and the bar the shows how much time is left on the program. There is an option to start from the beginning, when I click on it, it goes to the screen that says it is loading, but then nothing happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind, it's working now. I should have turned it on before I paid the $5!!!
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

The good news here is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your tv! This is 100% a problem with your DVR. If the problem happens again, simply reply back here and we can look deeper at the issue.