Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

How do I dismantle base of my 42 in aquos TV bought 2 years

Customer Question

How do I dismantle base of my 42 in aquos TV bought 2 years ago.bill
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

This will help me to assist you accordingly to dismantle base of TV safely.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lc42d64u
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Serial no.71 q887666 hope this enough.bill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Bill for the info, let me get related manual to assist you further, get back to you in 10 minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please find attached image file taken from related service manual, put the TV facing down to flat surface/ table and there are 4 screws circled in red that will need to be removed then pull the stand base from TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed the 6 screws from base,but cannot remove base..can I send you a picture of what I have done from by I pad...
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sure, click on attache file link or click on paperclip icon to attach the picture file here OR upload the picture to any file share site and post the file link here so I can view it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please explain clearly address I have to mail picture of my problem.i am 82 years old so be patient with me.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, lets do it in an easy way, please click on following link to open the picture sharing site..

http://imgur.com/

Now drag the picture file and drop it on that page and click Start Upload (green link) to upload the picture, when picture appears on webpage, click it once to make it bigger then copy the link from search bar or that page and provide it to me so I can view the picture.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

another way it to email the picture to***@******.*** and they will forward it to me but it may take longer time.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I uploaded a sample picture at above mentioned picture sharing site, please click the link to view it..

http://imgur.com/qiUT0D1

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried your way,have you received my picture...
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

No, I need the URL/ link of that picture that you uploaded. There is address bar on top of your browser page, copy that link and paste it here please.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

If you please look the picture bit closely that I provided in previous reply, you will see 4 screws marked with red circle, need to remove those screws and slide out the base stand from lower of TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There were 6 screws at base which I undone,removed steel plate.then still will not detach,cannot get Bach to website.what is your tel. Or e mail address please,I have to have this done tonight
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finally posted as directed http://imgur.com/Rjn2ljG. Can you see it,base dismanteled .bill
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I guess I wasn't clear, 4 screws are located on back of TV, not on base, that need to be removed to slid out the base two poles from TV to detach the base stand.

Website doesn't allow me to share email address, however, I can provide you my phone number, let me send it through additional service offer.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, I got the picture. Please ignore phone call offer sent you earlier.

I can see you have removed base metal plate which is wrong.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please click following link to view an exploded view of rear of TV, remove the screws that I circled in red in that image..

http://imgur.com/qiUT0D1

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.