Sam Dennis Bradley
Sam Dennis Bradley, Technician
Experience:  Have been repairing tv's since 1981 and always learning and researching the newest technology. Currently operating a TV repair shop online as well as offline.
63322015

I have a mitsubishi ws-65413 it powers on, light comes

Customer Question

Hello, I have a mitsubishi ws-65413 it powers on,green light comes on,then the tv powere off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Sam Dennis Bradley replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the question. May I ask you to count the blinks of the light on the front of the set. The blinks will have a pause in between two series.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no blinks,no picture,no nothing, light comes on a few seconds tv shuts off. unplugged tv for an hour. got a big blah of colors but no picture tv stayed on.

Your shutdown problem is caused by bad convergence IC's and the tell tale sign of these being bad is when you mentioned the big blah of colors...therefore this is NOT a DLP type tv but has 3 picture tubes within..for red, green, and blue. The convergence IC's converge the video information from the three colors to make a natural picture.

Replacing the IC's requires taking the back off the set and using desoldering tool or solder wick remove the solder from each IC and solder in new ones with solder and soldering iron. Sometimes there may be a low ohm resistor that has opened up as well and may need to be replaced. This resistor can be checked with an ohmmeter.

Be prepared for a lengthy and painstaking time if you have any practical experience and want to tackle this job:

There are usually two IC's mounted on a aluminum heat sink. They are black in color and mounted side by side and with the numbers STK 392-110 or STK 392-120 on each of them and both with 18 pins. Soldering and de-soldering experience is a MUST. The cost of the IC's is relatively inexpensive. However, you must consider how well the picture looked before the set went out to determine whether it is worth the time and expense to repair.