Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a tlx04240B widescreen and it doesnot come on.. what

Customer Question

hi i have a tlx04240B widescreen and it doesnot come on.. what should i dp?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
By the way , this is NOT an answer so there is no need to rate yet.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but not sure the phone call would do any good right now and it would cost you an extra $18

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Can you reply to me here ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my on light comes on but no tv
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then and do you mean that it comes on/off when you press the power button ?

In other words it responds to the power on/off command ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Here is something for you to try ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.

let me know how that goes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did that and nonething
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Ok then as I said , I did not expect much out of it so I prepared your answer while waiting for your reply.

Right now you are more than likely looking at a power board problem and this model has some 7 or 8 different versions of it so if you were to look into repairing this yourself then you would first need to match yours with one of those at the link below;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/polaroid/tlx-04240b?p=1&q=TLX-04240B&tv_models=Polaroid+TLX-04240B

You would be looking at power supply unit or power supply/ backlight inverter depending on which is in yours.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 42" plasma tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $300 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
Or this one;
http://www.tvrepairman.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate so i get paid for my time helping you and you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Just noticed the first post in 2009 for this tv , looks like this is strike 2 !!??