Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My tv sound is gone all of a sudden. Yesterday it was

Customer Question

Hi Tim,
My tv sound is gone all of a sudden. Yesterday it was working perfect, but today i see that there is no sound at all.
2 hdmi devices are connected, one is video player and second is an iptv box. No sound from any of them.
Last weekend there have been a few power outages, could that cause this kind of problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Tim is no longer with the site- but I will be glad to help you.

First, the issue you're having is loss of audio processing in the Mainboard- which is what extracts audio from the AV and HDMI sources and then sends the sound to the internal amplifier. The fact that headphones don't work either, means that the fault is in the line level stage. The fix for this is to replace the Mainboard in the set. However the model number you posted is not valid and does not show up in any searches. Can you please double check the model number and postback?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,You can find the details of this model on the link below.
I am from Turkey and it might have different model numbers for different countries.http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl9704h_12/46pfl9704h_12_pss_enggb.pdf
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** different than the model number you posted- you added a "6" after the 9704- which is why I couldn't find it. Looking at that model now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it also appears on a google search, product page is as below...http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=gb&ctn=46PFL9704H/12
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Initial question you posted this:

46PFL97064H/12 Note the absence of the "6" in the ACTUAL model number.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, now that Mainboard is not available anywhere in the US, and in fact, there was only one supplier I could find it at, which is at the link below. If you're looking to repair the TV yourself, this is the board that you need to replace:

http://www.plasma-lcd-led-onderdelen.nl/a-36083490/main-boards-philips/mainboard-310432859522-philips/

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

There are no US domestic sources for that board I'm afraid. Alternatively, if you're not looking to repair the set yourself, then you could contact a local shop at the link below and see if they have any pull in trying to source the Mainboard (part number 310432859522 PHILIPS).

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Aric,I was looking for a solution to my problem without any need to a repair or support from a technician, e.g. i am missing some setting or i forgot to push some button etc. From your answer, i understand that's not the case. I can't procure and replace the mainboard myself. So i called the technical service guys. I need to confirm your diagnosis with them, after that i will get back to you so you can receive your credit.Sorry for the delay and thanks for your response.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, that's no problem- thanks for the reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.