Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 50"plasma 9 years old (love it) the sound went out.

Customer Question

I have a 50"plasma 9 years old (love it) the sound went out . I am an electrician by tradeso I can change parts ( no problom). Please fix my baby. Thank You Kenneth ********************************
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

What you need to do first is isolate the input as the cause so I am referring to any box you may be using, so do you have another separate input to try like a DVD player for example just to verify its not a box issue?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that (DVD) nothing.

OK so you tried a DVD player and you still have no sound OK that eliminates any box you may be using and it is problem with the TV can you please re-check that model number carefully as I am getting nothing up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PDP Monitor
Product Name: MX-5020HPM
Model No: P500550H9. MAXENT

OK I will need about 10 minutes because this is a monitor

OK there is little data on this monitor what you need to do is find the loudspeakers inside the set, trace the loudspeaker leads back now I am pretty sure you will find they go back to the main-board that is the one with all the AV input connectors on let me know if it does or it does not please and I will provide further info

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anthony I cannot get the back off, it is sitting on it's base with two pendants coming up into the bottom of the back of the television, can I lay the television down on its face. I read some Face Book crap and I see people laying plasma TVs down on their faces, I thought that was a no-no how do I get the back off with the base penetrating the bottom. Thank you waiting for your response . PS Sorry about the delay had to take care of the wife.

Well technically that is correct you can't lay a plasma down on its face but I have done with hundreds because there simply is no other way and as far as I know nothing became of the set, sometimes you have to get the pedestal off in order to remove the back.

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Anthony,I have the unit flat on the bed,the speaker wires go to the same location,the
Curcuit board (center,lower ),the one that all the feeds come out .(got ac gues installing
new AC in house,that's why it's taking me so long sorry). Thank
Kenneth

OK so that is the board with all the INPUTs on I just had to make sure of that because on some sets the terminal board is separate OK you need to now get the part-number for that board and try initiallly www.shopjimmy.com if they do not have it google the part-number thank you

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony