Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have flat screen unit Model 32LB30RQD, serial #

Customer Question

I have flat screen unit Model 32LB30RQD, serial # ***** manufactured in April of 2012. It has seen little use in a guest bedroom. Recently it will not turn on, either manually or via remote. The red power indicator light glows, but the unit does not react to either turn on method. Might this be a common problem with this model? can you suggest a repair facility close to zip 30461? Thanks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

One thing you can try before calling a repair shop:

-disconnect all audio/video/cable/antenna wires from the tv.

-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall.

-press and hold the power button on the tv for 20 seconds, release button.

-plug in the tv POWER cord and try to turn on the tv.

CLICK HERE TO SEE LIST OF TRUSTED REPAIR SHOPS IN YOUR AREA

Many repair shops will charge $49-$99 just to diagnose the issue, and the total bill could in fact be almost as much as a new 32" tv. So ask about diagnostic fees and labor rates.

I am here to help you. If you need more help reply back. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not much practical help (didn't solve anything), but maybe that is the nature of the situation rather than a reflection on the expertise of the technician. I suggest that you should include in your service a search as to whether or not the device is/has been subject to a manufacturer's recall.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

My answer is based on years of field service repairing tv's, as well as manufacturer service documents, bulletins, and recalls. To say your problem is a common failure or not, would be irresponsible based on the fact the tv has not been opened up and diagnosed. In addition to giving you the one and only possible "easy fix" for your problem, I also provided exactly what you asked for- a comprehensive list of repair facilities near you. Something else? Otherwise please click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS so that I get credit for spending time on your question.