Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Cannot play netflix on tv

Customer Question

cannot play netflix on tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Model Number off the back of the TV?

Was it playing Netflix before and then stopped?

First time setup of the TV?

Please postback with details and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kdl48w580b
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Was it playing Netflix before and then stopped- or is this the first time trying to setup Netflix on this TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
clicked netflix retry or cancel
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I asked two questions?

1) Was netflix ever working on this TV?

2) Or is this the first time setting it up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
net flix always played now it doesn't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I am typing- please be patient. Okay got it- thanks. Please first try shutting the set off, then unplugging it from power. Reboot your router by unplugging it and plugging it back in so that it sends a fresh IP address to the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no phone give me the answer
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't use the phone- the site sends that automatically- IGNORE it. Read my replies above and please don't post multiple times.

Please first try shutting the set off, then unplugging it from power. Reboot your router by unplugging it and plugging it back in so that it sends a fresh IP address to the TV.

Then once that is done, plug the TV back in and try to access Netflix. Let me know if you have the same problem and we will take it from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did what you asked does not work
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay the hold on while I pull up some more info. Also just to make sure- the internet in the house is working right?

I also need to know is the TV wired to the router or using Wi Fi?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WiFi and internet is working fine
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, did you setup the Wi Fi on the TV- and could you do it again if need be? The reason I ask is that we need to go into the TV settings and reset to factory defaults then start a fresh internet connection on the set. Please let me know if you can do this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no listen i will call my cable company tomorrow.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the cable company won't have any info on the TV's Netflix app, but it's up to you. You will need to try to reset the TV to defaults and then setup the internet on the TV again. Or simply try leaving the set unplugged for an hour or more and then try again- it is a Sony software issue that causes this problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.