Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My plasma TC-P50GT25 panasonic is having difficulty turning

Customer Question

My plasma TC-P50GT25 panasonic is having difficulty turning on. It powers on but the image doesn't show up.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please understand I need to go through a procedure of checks with you and the first check is if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes it does. If I turn the tv on using the power button there is about a 1/50 chance that I will get picture. The menu pops up when ever I am getting a image but other times it doesn't pop up and all I get is some backlight.

OK that proves the set is running normally you have no blinking power-light it is in the ON mode and you are simply losing the picture processing, does the sound stay ON?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sound except for when I also get the image.Also thanks for the help.

OK the set is not reporting an error those scan boards you checked are running the panel is primed, the only thing you are losing here is the signal and that is processed by the main-board (assuming no menu generated by the tv sets own menu)so the main-board will need to be replaced can you do this yourself?I will provide more details

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel confident changing the main board. Is this the 'A' board? Could there be anything on the A board to change or will I be forced to change the board entirely? Why is the tv turning on occasionally and running as normal?

Yes the A board

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board (A board) thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Regards
Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. After I get the board I will respond here to confirm if it is working. If that doesn't fix the issue what should be the next step?

From what you have said and the symptoms of the set and the sets status then it IS the A board if you have any problems let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the A board and I found the part number. TNPH0893(1)A suffix AB. But I cant find it for sale anywhere. Any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the board from shopjimmy http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txn-a1mmuus-a-board.htm But it is out of stock there. I have also checked ebay and several other sites.

I am afraid getting boards can be a problem you could leave a note with shopjimmy to let you know when they have it in, there is a facility for doing that other than that its looking around we have the same trouble....

Anthony