Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Samsung 55 inch smart tv un55h6350 will not turn off.

Customer Question

samsung 55 inch smart tv un55h6350 will not turn off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome thanks for requesting me

So you are saying the set will switch ON ok but it won't switch off with the remote?is that correct?if it is does the set turn OFF at the set itself?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turn the tv on with my uverse remote but when I go to turn it off, the uverse box turns off but the tv remains on. when i try to turn if off with the samsung tv remote, a red light flashes on the lower right side of tv but nothing happens. I changed out the batteries.

Have you re-booted the TV?that is un-plug it from wallpower wait 5 mins then re-plug back in?if not please do that the set appears to be semi-locked up

Let me know if that changes anything

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been having to unplug the tv at night and then turn it on the next day. Does that work?

Yes that is good enough to reboot, how about switching the set OFF at the set itself ?I am not suggesting you do that I am just eliminating the remote control, so does it switch OFF at the set itself (not unplugging)

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find a power button on the tv itself.

There will be one there is on every set it may be termed standby or have a circle with an line through icon

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok let me check

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i found it and when i select the power off icon, nothing happens. actually when i select the other icons nothing happens. It lets me scroll through the icons but selecting them does nothing.

OK it may be a software/firmware problem look in the settings menu of the set for a factory reset or shipping reset this will put the set back to as if its just been taken out of the box, now this is a smart TV and so there may be a lot of setting up again it depends how you are using the set but if you are to cure this issue this next step is the only way forwards.

Anthony

If you do not find this setting let me know I will have a look myself from the data for the set

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I select the settings menu, nothing happens. It appears the tv is locked up solid.

Wow so that is with the TVs own remote control?

How old is the set please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with both the tv remote and the tv menu. The TV is 2 years old.

OK just to let you know the set not switching off and not being able to get into the settings along with other things is bad firmware now because you can't get into the settings and change anything the main-board within the set will need to be replaced do you think you/someone you know can replace this plug in board?

If you are not comfortable with that then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

I am sorry it is nothing easier

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

It looks like you have not viewed the rest of my reply above please let me know what you think of this please

Anthony