Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I suddenly have a 6" wide dark spot on my screen from top to

Customer Question

I suddenly have a 6" wide dark spot on my screen from top to bottom about at the mid point
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Does this happen on all inputs?

2. If you bring up the tv menu with the Vizio remote, is the menu also affected?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it happens on all iimput devices and is there when menu is displayed
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

This does indicate the tv needs to be opened up and check inside, re-seat the ribbon cables on the t-con board, then replace the board if needed. If that does not fix then the display panel is bad (entire tv screen). If this is something you want to attempt and need assistance, just reply back here. Otherwise you would need a repair shop.

I am here to help you. If you need more help reply back. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand news of a failure is upsetting but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The right side of the screen also has flickering lines
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Same diagnosis and recommendation:

- re-seat ribbon cables

- replace tcon board

- bad screen

Let me know how I can help and click the 5 STARS / SMILEYS. Doing so does not prevent future replies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think Paypal will refund my money.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

refund? do you know a tv repair shop charges $100 or more for simply diagnosing, and will never offer any DIY help? that's why this service is so valuable! saved you lots of money and time already.