Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

What do you think the problem is? I have a 32” flat screen

Customer Question

What do you think the problem is? I have a 32” flat screen Insignia tv installed in a motor home. I get TV using the roof antenna by setting the input to TV. When I try to get cable TV through the RV Park system I get nothing. When I try to scroll down on the input to component AV it won’t scroll unless I turn off the auto input setting, then I can scroll to the component AV. However, I get no TV. I had the park people check the cable and there is a signal to their box. Am I correctly setting the TV to receive cable or is there something else I need to do.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

The cable from the park is presumably coming in from a box of some kind?and from this box you have the red/green/blue/ and audio cables RCA?is this correct?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know anything about red/green/blue and audio cables. The park only provides an AV cable connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there?

Yes but you said you scroll down to component?component is red/green/blue RCA leads plugged into the back of the set?and two separate leads usually red and white for the audio

Exactly what do you have from the park?

What is coming in from the park for cable?

What does the cable connection look like?you have to connect to something otherwise it wont work

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I understand why you asked about re/green etc. So how do I set the input to get cable TV using the regular old TV cable

You need to tell me how its connected ?how is it connected to the cable is it how I said?red/green/blue?

I cant answer that until I know that information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My TV is connected to cable using a regular TV cable. No red/green/blue or audio lines. and the cable supplied by the park does nor reguire a boc from which you can use red/green/blue connections.

OK in that case you cant use component, it must be coming in via your antenna socket, in which case you will need to re-tune the set using auto-tune , if the park knows the frequency it will help in case you need to manually tune in which will all be in the settings>>>tuning menu, so just to clarify what I just said please check if it is using the antenna socket if so its as I said but you may need to change the tuner setting from AIR to CABLE

Let me know if you have anything to add or need more info

Anthony

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

There will be a rating band with this post thanks again

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me try to reset the set using the auto tune feature. I will try right now and get back to you soon.

That is no problem please check first that it is using the antenna if it is then yes you do need to use the tuning as stated

*antenna socket

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I reset the TV\? I have looked at every option under settings and find no way to do what you say has to be done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the set is using the antenna input where a single cable attaches to the set on the back of the TV.

I will need the model number of the TV please found on the back of the set and I will let you know

I do not use the phone call facility sorry

Let me know the model please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is NS32D312NA15 Rev.A

OK just give me 5 mins

Hello

Go here

http://www.insigniaproducts.com/products/televisions/NS-32D312NA15.html?supportTab=open <<click

On page 19 and more specifically page 57 it will explain how to tune the set so click the above and down load the PDF version of the english manual

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only place I have found that says cable service is on auto search.and a menu comes up TV, cable service or satellite. I will now try to get the pdf above.

Yes it explains what you need to do to tune in the set

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unable to get pdf file. I ckick English and nothing happens. Also there are green/ blue versions etc. so how about you tell me what to do. This is getting very frustrating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On auto search I click cable service and screen message is NO SERVICE.

Try CABLE that will be in the options before you start tuning its my guess you never changed to cable

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have done that many times. Do you suppose there is no signal getting to the TV from the Park source?

Yes that can be the only problem there is no signal particulalry if you have tried AIR and CABLE there simply is no signal

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No more options. I am going to sign off.

Please could you rate the answer positively thank you, ***** ***** not receive any credit from the site until you do that there will be a rating bar with this post of smileys or stars.

If you need more help let me know

Anthony