Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Sylvania LD370SC8S - Turns off immediately after turning on.

Customer Question

Sylvania LD370SC8S - Turns off immediately after turning on. Not very tech savy. can plug in a replacement board. That's about it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you can do that then you are OK.

First I need to ask some questions, when the set shuts off is the power-light still lit?is it blinking?what color is the power-light?

The power-light is a good indicator of what problems the set may have

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When turned on, power light comes on along with Digital in the lower right corner. Same thing happens when I hit the Eject button on the DVD player.
Stays on for perhaps one second and then both turn off. Might be red in color. Apologies, red green color blind.

And the DVD player wont play you can not get anything up from that presumably because the set has gone off?I have to ask this question in case the set is in the ON mode and you have simply lost the signal as then the set will go black with no sound and that is an outside source problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DVD player will not accept a DVD. Hasn't in a long while. I just tried the eject button as it was next to the Power Light.
TV had a blank streak at the right edge that filled in after ten minutes or so. Was hoping that a replacement board (that I was technically able to install) might fix it cheaper than a new TV.

OK if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?again to eliminate signal loss

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anthony, Again, apologies.
Cannot find the original remote. Was controlled with a Suddenlink (Cable Provider) Remote that only turned the set on and off.

OK is there a menu button on the set itself that will do we need to clear this signal issue as I dont know if the set is ON or OFF

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No menu button. Power, Input, Set-Up, Channel & Sound +/-. Tried all of them immediately after turning power on and each time, the det turned off immediately.

OK so when you press the set up button (that is menu) nothing comes up, OK I would say the mainboard has gone bad here can you get the back off the set and send me a photo of the inside ?use the paperclip on your tool bar, if you cant do this that is no problem let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will remove the back and pass along a picture but it will be later this afternoon. Need to run to an appointment. Should be back in a couple of hours at the latest.Many Thanks. Will in any case leave excellent rating and remit the additional fees.David H. Barksdale

David that is no problem just come back here when ready thanks

Anthony