Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My vizio E320I-B2 TV gets stuck onTime zone when trying to

Customer Question

My vizio E320I-B2 TV gets stuck onTime zone when trying to set up.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- Can you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV as it could be E320i-B2 etc?

- Is it first time doing setup up or TV was working fine before?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E320I-B2 wasnt working before tried to setup
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, is it new TV and still under warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes with answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its not new. No warranty.
I'll have to leave to get my grandson from school before you get the answer back. How can I get the info?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Actually this kind of problem occurs due to firmware (TV internal software) and either reset the TV to default settings should fix it or there is hardware related problem which I'll discuss later.

Please press Menu and go to System option and select Reset & Admin then select Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK to reset the TV. Now go through setup screen and check if problem still persist?

If so, please reply back to assist you further.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i pick system. It locks up
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it is definitely corrupted TV firmware issue that happens due to internal failure of EEPROM (memory) chip on main board of TV, either replacement of EEPROM chip on main board (it requires good soldering work with proper tools and expertise) or entire main board will help to resolve the problem, it is not any wrong setting problem as it is hardware related problem.

Please check following board supplier link to view required EEPROM chip and main board price info if you want to replace it in TV yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-91-76n10-001g-main-board-for-e320i-b2.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.