Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Experience:  25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.
11519491

I have a hlp5063wx/xaa. After 15 to 20 mins it begins to

Customer Question

I have a hlp5063wx/xaa. After 15 to 20 mins it begins to have frequent horizontal flashes of the entire picture. What do you think might be the problem
xxx xxxx
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. When the problem happens, if you bring up the tv menu using the original Samsung remote or the button the tv itself, is that menu also suffering the same problem?

2. When the problem happens, how do you get the tv back to normal?

3. Can you explain in more detail or provide pictures of the problem?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The horizontal flashing is a continues condition, The entire picture flashes and then I get a normal picture for 15 to 20 secs and then it flashes or rolls again very rapidly right to left. The flash lasts a couple of seconds. We can watch the TV for 20 to 30 minutes before it begins to hurt your eyes. We can turn the set off for 30 min and turn it back on and we wii have a normal picture for 15 to 20 mins.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

When the problem happens, if you bring up the tv menu using the original Samsung remote or the button the tv itself, is that menu also suffering the same problem?

Has the tv ever been serviced?

Have any parts at all ever been replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It took about a hour to create my jumping condition. It staeted as a flashing condition before it started jumping. In Menu mode, the menu box also jumpsI replaced a color wheel in 2007 alamp about a year ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can someone help me
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry had to step away for a few.

Can you provide a short video of the problem? upload and provide link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Tech Michael I would like a crack at this since I have dealt with this condition a few times lol.

Did this problem occur first after the color wheel was replaced or was that just an attempt to fix this problem?

Also I think this would best be handled on the phone because you can describe all the details I need to help you quickly solve this problem. If you agree please accept this offer as well. If you do, please include your phone # ***** best time and day to call and I will do that for you;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael

The offer will expire on its own if you do not accept that.

But I will be off here until tomorrow morning, if you do accept the offer It will be valid and I will see that in the morning and call you at the time you specify.

Been working here all day UUg!

Thanks

Tech Mike