Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

I have a new Samsung model un65ju7500fxza with a curved

Customer Question

I have a new Samsung model un65ju7500fxza with a curved sound bar hw-j7500/za and I am having sound problems. The sound will go off at different times for a short period of time about 2 seconds. I have checked all connections over and over and it still is doing it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

What kind of cable or satellite box are you using? Make and model please.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Direct tv Genie system
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok and can you tell me briefly how you have the TV, Soundbar and Sat box connected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI OUT (TV-ARC) JACK TO HDMI IN ON TV BOX
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so Sat Box HDMI to....?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THERES A HDMI MINI THAT GOES FROM THE BACK OF THE TV TO THE TV CONNECT BOX OUT OF THE TV CONNECT IS A HDMI IN ARC THAT IS CONNECTED TO THE SOUND BAR, THEN THERE IS A CABLE THAT GOES TO THE DIRECT TV BOX
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I think I understand.

Do these audio drop outs occur just when watching DirecTV? What about when you are watching Netflix or other online content?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WE ONLY WATCH DIRECT TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, have you tried rebooting the box? Unplug it from wall power and then plug it back in.

I used to have the same problem with Comcast and this fixed it.

Try that first. I don't think it is the TV or Soundbar.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DIRECT TV TOLD ME THERE BOX IS ONLY FOR THE PICTURE THE SOUND IS CONTROLED FROM THE TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE DONE WHAT YOU SAID AND IT ONLY HELPED FOR A SHORT WHILE, THEN IT STARTED AGAIN
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

No that's not true. Audio and video comes from your dish on the roof down to that box and then to the TV.

Ok, let's try something. Can we bypass the soundbar and connect sat box directly to the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
STEVE THANKS FOR YOUR HELP I WILL CALL WHERE I PURCHASED THE TV AND SEE IF THEY CAN HELP ME.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I do think it is the Sat box. If you can bypass the soundbar, it will tell us for sure.

I'll be here if you need a second opinion.

Cheers

Steve