Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

The picture cuts the heads off an clarity is poor

Customer Question

the picture cuts the heads off an clarity is poor
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?

3. Who is your tv channel provider?

4. Do you normally use the Samsung tv remote to change channels or the channel provider's remote?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't see the model No hung on the wallHad it about 7 years.ComcastI use the Comcast remote.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

The size and shape of the picture on your screen is set in TWO places. One is the Tv the other is the Comcast box. You need to experiment using a combination of BOTH of these settings until you find a size/shape you like. It's likely these settings will also affect the clarity of the picture you see.

On the Samsung remote there should be a "PIC SIZE" button. Press that and choose different options, or press it repeatedly to cycle through each option.

For the Comcast box, there may be a "FORMAT" button where the "#" or "*" key is on the remote. If there isn't, you will have to go into the settings menu of the box and look for picture format settings. If you can't find the setting and want me to help, then reply back with the model number of the Comcast box OR contact Comcast for assistance.

I am here to help you. If you need more help reply back. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,