Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony model KP53S65 color rear video projector big

Customer Question

I have a Sony model KP53S65 color rear video projector big screen tv and it's messing up, everyone has 2 eyes, mouths etc. and the color is showing red and green and another color i cant think of which one right now, can u please tell me what i need to do to fix it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid, Sony qualified TV tech and will be happy to assist you,

This kind of problem occurs due to failure of convergence output chips in this model, there are two big chips mounted on aluminum heat sink and part number STK392-150 would be written on each chip surface. Either both chips aren't getting working volts from power supply board or have got internal short thus stop working and resulted double vision appear on screen.

It needs further troubleshooting with multimeter in TV boards to determine the cause of problem (as I mentioned above) to get replaced bad parts which needs good soldering work on circuit board with proper tools and expertise. Since TV is quite old so it would be hard to get replacement chips or price would be high and TV techs may also avoid now such repair because of spare parts nonavailability. However, you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on a new TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.