Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Our tv is about 2yrs. old. in the past month it has started

Customer Question

our tv is about 2yrs. old. in the past month it has started to flicker. the picuture is great, but it has black lines that flicker constantly. Is it fixable or should we replace it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here, to rule out a problem with any satellite or cable box you may be using do you have another input to try like a DVD player?does it do the same if you use that?if it does not then you have a box problem

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm sorry but i can't get the vcr to work. i don't know how to connect it.

OK please try a reboot of the box by unplugging the box from the wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again it will be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time and let me know if there is any change

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there was no change after I diconnected the box and tv

OK so its all back on no change, at this point we are at an impasse until you prove if its the TV or the box with another input, we carry around a DVD recorder in the van for this very scenario as there simply is no other way to prove if its the box or the TV at fault so when you do that please reply back, you can just phone the cable or satellite company and ask them to swap it however they may blame the TV so you need something concrete the input test is good enough.

Anthony