Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I am trying to get Netflix to play on my sharp 50" TV. The

Customer Question

I am trying to get Netflix to play on my sharp 50" TV. The screen freezes and the remote doesn't move the selection. I have to push Exit to leave the screen. The TV goes to standby mode, then.
I find, also that I am no longer able to change the "Input" source using the remote.
What can I do to solve my problem.
Incidentally, the Brighthouse remote works to access our cable connection.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Please disconnect the TV from power, then remove any HDMI connections from the back of the set. Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 15 seconds and release. Wait a minute then reconnect the cables and plug the TV back in. This should reboot the set so that you can then use the remote. The symptoms you're having indicate the Mainboard has locked up. If you still have the same problem then please reply back with the full model number off of the back of the TV and also how long you've owned the set for.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.