Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a Vizio TV model VIZIOL30 that we have had in our

Customer Question

We have a Vizio TV model VIZIOL30 that we have had in our home office since we purchased it at Sam's in 2004. It has always worked fine. Today, I turned it on and switched to a couple different channels and suddenly the screen went black. Now, I can not get it turned back on. Is there any way to get this back on? Please advise.
Jim Entenman
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jim, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- Does TV power light lit or blink when press power button on TV or its remote?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blue power light was on and would just stay on when I pushed the power button on the remote hand unit...Now, after I turned off the switch on the back of the TV and turned it back on...Now the TV power light does not come on when the power button on Remote is pushed....Nothing happens.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems power supply board or main board problem so lets try easy thing first.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.