Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I was given an old Pioneer PDP- S07-LR that was being

Customer Question

I was given an old Pioneer PDP- S07-LR that was being replaced at work. The TV is extremely heavy and I am SO nervous about how to use it. It has a wall mount attached but I live in an OLD house that still has some plaster walls. I want to purchase a piece of furniture(wood but not the good old solid stuff) that has a wall mount attached but am unsure of weight of TV. I feel like the table needs to be heavy or the mount will break under the weight of the TV. Do you know the weight of the TV? Any suggestions? Or do I just dump it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The right answer to your question requires that I ask: What is the model # ***** the TV itself? what you have given me is the model # ***** the speakers only, and their weight is negligible, about 5 pounds I think. To get you the weight of the TV, I need the model # ***** the TV, off its manufacturer's label, please (-which is usually on the back of the TV.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, Russell , what about PDP-434CMX!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** is indicative and specific.

Pioneer Electronics is rather shy about specifying its product's weight... like anyone who's a trifle above what they'd prefer... their page on that model # ***** 'less than 86 pounds':

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Professional/Plasma/PDP-434CMX?tab=specifications

CNET.com's rundown of this model #, is more specific: they say it is 71.6 pounds in weight.

http://www.cnet.com/products/pdp-434cmx-43-inch-professional-plasma-display/specs/

I think that's the answer you were looking for. 72 lbs is about the weight of a small child, about 6 years old roughly, if that helps you estimate the heft. Roughly two or three 15-inch monitors of the old CRT type... so you would need a table strong enough to put a 1995-era computer system onto.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.