Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sharp LC-70LE632U LCD TV. about 1.5 years old. It

Customer Question

I have a Sharp LC-70LE632U LCD TV. about 1.5 years old . It will not power up when I press the power button. only response it a blinking inverted V on the bottom of the screen. Long blink then a fast blink then repeat.
I unplugged it for 3 hours and now and pushed the vol down and input and was able to get the k on screen for about 10 sec then powers back down again.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you.

Please unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and again press volume down and input buttons on TV at same time to turn On the TV.

Does it stay On with letter K or switches Off after some time?

Please reply back to proceed further.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K shows up for 3-10 sec then powers off with the 2 flashing lights again .
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, there are two suspected things, either backlight inverter section on power supply board OR lamps inside LCD screen is defective. Swapping the power supply board in TV will help to see if it helps to resolve the problem or we are looking at bad LCD panel which would be an expensive repair if replacement LCD panel still available with Sharp parts in area.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's it i just paid $38 for this info i already new the answer too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you were only supposed to take $5 and if i was satisfied it was the full $38.00 what is this shit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is just a auto response not a real tech at all bunch of bull shit... im reporting this claim
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I was away from computer. Please contact customer service at***@******.*** about billing issue as I have no control over such matters.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm human and it takes little time to type the reply.

I wish I could put my hands on TV from here through internet to swap the power supply board. I can provide you info only to make decision about TV repair.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do u have instructions on how to switch the the power board where to buy it at etc.. is it simple job. your so brief with your details. where to buy it at etc...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
someone had the same issue here i just google it this was your response .. but the links dont work how can i see what you sent to them..Expert: Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please check following two links for images taken from related service manual about how to enter in service mode and how to reset lamp error in service mode list.Please note that strictly follow the instructions written on those pages and do not change any other option in that list except the lamp error marked with arrow.
Any wrong setting could cause more damage that might end up at main board replacement.http://i.imgur.com/UA6ex5e.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/DrRpjKq.jpgI trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,Shahid.Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/8iax9-sharp-lc-70le632u-lcd-tv-will-not-power-when.html#ixzz3nWAJmiPI
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

TV should stay On to perform those settings in service menu of TV that is why I asked if TV stays On with letter K, if TV switches Off after few seconds then there is no way to go into menu and it is hardware failure in TV which switch it Off.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Required power supply board part number is ***** (DPS-222BP,(###) ###-#### ***** can be used to search/google to get price and stock info to order it if you wish to replace it by yourself in TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does it require soldering or is it just plug and play
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Its plug and play work, no soldering is required. Remove screws around the back panel of TV and take off back cover of TV then remove fixing screws of power supply board, unplug connectors and take out old board, put new power board, tight the screws, replug connectors. Job is done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks is this normal it worked fine last night and now nothing.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Well, electronic parts can fail in a second so I can say it happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, I wish I had better news about TV problem. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HARD TO FIND THE POWER SUPPLY BOARD LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE ONLINE ARE SOLD OUT OR I HAVE TO WAIT 2-3 WEEKS TO SEE IF THEY GET THAT PART IN... CAN THE 60 INCH SHARP SAME TV LC-60LE65OU BOARD WORK I HAVE A CRACK IN THIS SCREEN OR IS THERE ANYWAY TO BYPASS THE POWER BOARD AND DO A TEMP FIX TO THE BOARD
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that, it seems you need to wait and keep checking ebay or amazon to see if some one sale it in coming days. I'm afraid LC-60LE65OU has different power supply board and it will not work in LC-70LE632U and there is no other way around to bypass the power board as it provides volts to backlight lamps inside screen.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok my man thanks and sorry for being upset earlier just mad my tv needs a part I was hoping u had a answer hit a reset button inside and boom it works ..
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I wish there was an easy or quick fix for this trouble and I understand the frustration as well. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a diagram on how to remove old board thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Board removing is easy if you take off back cover of TV after removing approx 30-32 screws around the back panel of TV. Do you need exploded views off of service manual if having trouble to take off back cover?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks i ordered the part i hope this works.. i called some local shops and they are all saying bring it in and ill look at it for $120 diagnose fee you saved me shahid.. talk to you when I put the board in thanks..
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, take your time.

Wish you good luck!

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Buddy got the new board took me 10 min to install tv works good as new thanks to you.FYI you saved me lots of money man I appreciate it .
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, glad to know I was able to help you out and problem is resolved.

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with TV question?

Thanks.