Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My Beosystem 5000 tuner keeps automatically turning the

Customer Question

My Beosystem 5000 tuner keeps automatically turning the volume down. How can I make it stop turning down whenever it hits 40 on the volume?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to want to hover around 36 at the highest volume.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there!

It sounds like the Vol Down button may be sticking on either the remote control or on the system itself.

Try taking the batteries out of the remote control first to check if it is causing the problem.

If the problem persists, then check that the volume button on the Beosystem control panel is releasing correctly and not sticking in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish I could say that it worked. But it didn't. Took out the batteries for the remote. Checked the volume button but it looks the same and is not pushed in at all. Any other ideas what it might be?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Are there any other remotes that can also be used to control the system? If so, eliminate them too.

If not, then press and release the Vol Down button on the system several times to help unstick it - even though it is not pushed in, the electronic contacts behind but button may be shorted out and making contact.

If that doesn't work either, then the control panel will need to be opened to check those contacts and clean or adjust them.