Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I was wiping my cable box located under the right hand

Customer Question

I was wiping my cable box located under the right hand corner of my TV. As I wiped from right to left,(the TV was on), the TV suddenly disappeared, & the right 2/3 of the screen went grey, w/the notice: Welcome to Photos
To view photos, insert a USB
device containing image files.
The left 1/3 of the screen is black on the majority of the top (approx. 80% vertically), & the bottom 20% has approx. 12-15 horizontal tan lines, below which has 6 - 1" blue lines. The 1stof these lines has the word "Exit" above it, the 2nd has an arrow pointing downward, the 3rd an arrow pointing up, the 4th an arrow pointing left, the 5th, an arrow pointing right, & the 6th has the word "Select" above it. I've pressed all indicators, but nothing's happened...no sound...no change in the screen. HELP!!!!!(###) ###-####
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Your TV is on the USB Input right now- as it's been accidentally changed. Shut the TV off then disconnect it from power. Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 15 seconds and release. Wait a minute then plug it back in and turn it on.

Then grab the ORIGINAL Vizio remote and find the Input button. Use the Input button to select the correct Input that you use to view the Cable Box source on the TV.

Once you have done that- reply back, or if you get stuck, let me know exactly what step you are stuck at.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know when you can see my reply- also please scroll up to see all replies.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still having the same problem?