Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Turned the television off and it was working fine, turned

Customer Question

turned the television off and it was working fine, turned back on and no display at all, no menu, just black, power light does come on and if I hit the input and work it to the TV one it makes the static noise so it seems it is working but no picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- Does the screen glow/ shows back light as no picture or menu appears on it?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When you turn it on the screen does become a little lighter black color.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems backlight stays On inside screen but no picture appears.

There are two suspected circuit boards in TV, either T-Con board (it provide video data to internal circuitry of LCD panel/ screen) or main board (one that has all video input jacks) isn't working for some reason.

Please replace the t-con board as first thing (it costs less) to see if it helps to resolve the issue or TV needs main board replacement. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Updated the firmware and no change

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, did you get previous reply? if not, here it is again..

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
Regards,
Shahid.