Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Mitsubishi 60C10DLP and randomly it will shut

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi 60C10DLP and randomly it will shut itself off. Occasionally when I turn it back on, I just get audio and no video. It's completely random where sometimes the ***** *****ght will start blinking when it shuts down
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please tell me when the last time you replaced the lamp was and how long you've owned the set for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've owned the set for about 5 years and have never replaced the bulb
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. These symptoms do directly point to the lamp becoming weak and needing to be replaced. Any lamp over 3-4 years is suspect and will become intermittent before going out completely. You see there aren't regular bulbs- they are gas-charged and when they age the gas leaks out causing them to become unstable. So the solution here is to replace the Lamp with an OEM unit to stop it from shutting down or losing picture. The OEM almp for your set can be purchased at the link below to fix the problem:

http://www.purelandsupply.com/mitsubishi-dlp-tv-bulbs_wd60c10.html

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The manual for your set is at the link below. Lamp replacement instructions are on page 27:

https://d1vofmza27mmhi.cloudfront.net/product-pdf/mitsubishi-wd65638-use-and-care-manual.pdf

Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?