Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I just started getting a solid black vertical bar with my

Customer Question

I just started getting a solid black vertical bar with my picture. I shut the cable off played a dvd and I get the same vertical bar.I recorded onto a DVD a program from my cable and when I play the dvd there's no bar
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here , I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TC-P 42529

That is the model number but you somehow have it wrong and I need to feed it into my database let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TC-P4252

Its actually TC-P42S2 not 5

OK if you press the menu button of the sets own remote is this line OVER the menu please?

How thick is the line and does it go all the way from top to bottom?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The menu is showing but no bar
The bar is 3 inches I would say and from top to bottom

OK I can say with all surety that what has happened is a buffer board has failed, on a plasma set different boards control different areas of the set so the buffer for that area will need to be replaced, can you do this work yourself?I will provide all the necessary info for this.

If you are not comfortable with that then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Let me know if you need more info/help

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it is not happening. I'll let you know if it happens again

You may be in luck there then as it will be the leads connecting the buffer boards so let me know as it will return

Anthony

Hello

How is this working out please?

Anthony