Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

MY REMOTE CONTROL STOPPED WORKING-CHANGED BATTERIES-STILL

Customer Question

MY REMOTE CONTROL STOPPED WORKING-CHANGED BATTERIES-STILL NOT WORKING
TV AND REMOTE ARE LESS THAN 1 YEAR OLD
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
By the way , this is NOT an answer so there is no need to rate yet.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I see that you looked at my reply a few times and if you have difficulty with the website , look at the link below;

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-edit-my-question-or-reply-hl

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I have to step out for a bit so I will give you test procedure to determine who may be the culprit and then you can contact sony for the warranty claim .

First you want to find out if the remote or tv is acting up before calling sony .

Here is how to test your remote with a camera like a cell phone camera, digital camera or any camera that has a display or screen to test the remote ?

Turn on the camera and point the front of the remote at the camera lens ,then while looking at the remote through the screen press buttons on the remote.
If the remote is working, you should see light coming out the front of it while looking at it through the camera screen.
If you see nothing coming out and are not sure if you did the test correctly then try it with a known working remote.
You can look at the link below to see an example;
http://www.theremotedoctor.com/trouble_files/remote_setup2.jpg

If you don`t have a camera then any local repair shop will test it free of charge .

Once you found out if the remote is working or not then you can call sony with the results , for example if there is light coming out of the remote then the tv is the problem .

Here are a couple of numbers where you can contact sony for your warranty claim ;

1-***-***-**** as the first number and then 1-***-***-****

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .