Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Sony TV KDL40V5100 has Demo Mode Motionflow "off - on" on

Customer Question

Sony TV KDL40V5100 has Demo Mode Motionflow "off - on" on the screen constantly. Also the TV Menu screen comes on the picture (rather connected to the satillite or not); it blinks on and off screen, not long enough to hit additional menu functions; and if able to go to next step in menu screen it blinks then goes back to Picture on menu and have to start over. Have tried going through the functions of shutting off, allowing to reboot - connected and disconnected to DVR, with and without DVR satillite functions connected to TV. HELP! Nothing has worked so far to get rid of these off the TV screen. unknown to my wife or I - we have not changed any functions on the TV since purchase. The only remote used in the past has been the Direct TV and VCR CD remotes. WHAT NEXT to resolve.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack

Perhaps i can help you with this .

Right now you may need to reset the tv to factory settings and redo the initial setup then select HOME as the tv location instead of RETAIL

Here is how you can do this ;

To reset the TV to factory default settings:
Turn on the TV. Press and hold down the UP button/arrow on the remote, press the POWER button on the TV
set. Release the UP button.
Select Product Support option under Setup menu and select OK on Return settings to factory
defaults.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I will be login off for the night but If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you.

Otherwise let me know and we`ll see what can be done first thing tomorrow

Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I see that you came to look at my answer and there is no reply from you so If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thanks for understanding .