littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

I have a Sony K DL Dash 32L 4000 TV and when it is on the

Customer Question

I have a Sony K DL Dash 32L 4000 TV and when it is on the HDM I cable the sound level is about one quarter of what it is on a coaxial cable so I know the speakers are working properly but I don't know why when it's hooked up to the HDMI I get about one quarter of the volume this is not been a problem in the past but just started recently is there some setting that is been changed or to be reset so the HDMI cable will not have a reduced sound level thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. What are the devices you have connected to coax and HDMI?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The coacts comes out of the wall into the Cisco digital box and then HDM I cable to the TV and I have low volume when I hook it up directly the coaxial that is to the TV I have four times the volume
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had this set up for a considerable period of time and no problem until now I have gotten also a new digital box and new cables and that did not solve the problem I'm wondering is there some set up in the TV that is causing the problem

That's where the problem would be, let's take a look. Some TVs will remember the volume setting where you left it for each input. On coax, turn the volume all the way down. Now switch to the HDMI input. Is the volume all the way down, or does it come up with sound?