Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have lg 65 class LB led tv 10 months old. In carribean

Customer Question

I have lg 65 class LB led tv 10 months old. In carribean which I'm not there. I was told they could not shut off tv and only way shut off was unplug power cord in back. When they put cord back in red light came on but tv will not turn on now by either remote or button on tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

What you are describing is typical of when the firmware controlling the sets computer/mainboard goes corrupt, when that happens control of the electronics hardware is lost and the set will become erratic and eventually the set will flatline, this could have happened on its own accord or it could have been prompted by an input that the set did not like either way you have to call in the warranty for the set and a service agent will replace the main-board (firmware preloaded), I am sorry its nothing easier.

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Hello

Do you still need help with this please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anthony. I bought main board like u stated and also powe board. Brought the items to aruba and had a local tech replace and. Television does not work. There is a smaller board next to the main board and tech believes this is what needs to replace. So I'm out of luck and problem was not solved.

Sorry I dis-agree where did you get the boards from please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased from lg and came in lg boxes, they would not cover warranty because out of country. Problem I have is I can not get parts on aruba so neded to bring parts here. The light on the power button just stays on green color. Nothing will come on screen. He used voltage testers and from small board next to the main board to the power board not enough voltage getting to power board.

From LG??they wont send you any parts only to approved service agents... what was the actual address you got them from please?

I have no idea about any smaller board the set will have a power/main/tcon and thats it they are all designed that way let me know about your supplier

LG cannot send parts to the general public they will be breaking the law

Let me know please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they can't but they gave me a diatrubutor they recommended that sells lg replacement parts. Both parts I replaced identical. So what do you think is the problem so I can fix. Main board replaced and I also replaced power board

What was the name of the distributor?are both partnumbers the same as the ORIGINAL boards?I am referring to the partnumbers on the boards themselves

Can you also let me know what board the tech was referring to?what is the name of this board?