Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a sanyo tv that only one HDMI port is working HDMI 3,

Customer Question

I have a sanyo tv that only one HDMI port is working HDMI 3, I can switch my Xbox and my Direct TV box into HDMI 3 and they both work, but I can't put one of them in HDMI 1 or 2 port?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'm an Independent Tech. Please send a reply back so that I know you're with me and can see my replies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the Sanyo? Also, how long have you owned it for?

What exactly happens when you try to switch the Input over to HDMI 1 or 2? Does the TV let you select it, but simply doesn't show a signal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached is photo , and it won't recognize hdmi 1 or 2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Meaning it doesn't even give me those options when I have a cable plugged into them
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

DP50710.

Age of the set and when the issue occurred please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just occurred I unplugged it for a few days to paint and when I plugged it back in
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. This typically indicates the Mainboard has a fault on these ports- requiring replacement of the board, or the EEPROM (processor) has locked up.

Please shut the TV off, then disconnect it from power. Remove any HDMI cables from the set, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 15 seconds and release. Wait a full minute then connect an HDMI cable to HDMI 1 or 2. Plug the TV back in and turn it on. Let me know if you have the same problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This didn't work, I did have the hdmi cables still plugged into the Xbox and the direct tv box but not the tv. Followed directions and same result
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay this is a fault in the Mainboard- and sorry there's not a quick fix or way around this. If you're looking to repair the set yourself, you will need to purchase part number: Sanyo J4FL (1LG4B10Y04600_B).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. There's also the workaround of using an HDMI switch, or repairing by sending the main to Coppeli for a swap below:

http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/1006/sanyo-dp50710-p50710-00-main-board-j4fl-1lg4b10y04600_b-tested-working-credit-for-old-dud

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.