Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a lg 55lm4600 tv. all i have is sound no picture. you

Customer Question

Hello Tim i have a lg 55lm4600 tv. all i have is sound no picture. you can see a bluish screen when its on and if you press on to the screen you can tell then blu is infact on. any help would be great.
Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry you had to wait because the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

These symptoms mean that the Tcon board inside the tv needs to be replaced. You can try re-seating the ribbon cables on the board, but that likely won't help. The board will need to be replaced. You must open your tv and get the numbers off your current board to confirm BEFORE you buy. If not in stock, check eBay or search google with part number from board.

CLICK HERE FOR EXAMPLE T-CON BOARDS

I am here to help you. If you need more help reply back. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I ment to put in the notes, my tv has 3 boards inside 1 main power board 2 main board 3 tc on board. I replaced the tcon board that didn't fix the issue so I then replaced the main board. Is it possible on this TV that the main board could be an issue. Is there a way to test the boards?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

no way to test the boards except if you have an identical working tv. only thing left is the LCD Display Panel (entire tv screen).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping I could use a volt meter... Could the main board have been bad and when I put the new tcon board in the main board blew it? As you can tell I'm really hoping it's not the panel. I can't find one anywhere
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

no but the display panel could be bad and it's killing the t-con boards you are installing.