Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I used to mirror my chrome to tv all the time and all of

Customer Question

i used to mirror my chrome to tv all the time and all of sudden i cant do that anymore
there is no option to mirror. When I go to manage display it showing internal and mirroring option is faded, not letting me to click. what should I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me what you have connected to your TV, that 'mirrors Chrome to TV'.

I presume that means, you have a device, with Chrome (the browser) (or perhaps a Chromebook device), and that Chrome has an option to mirror to TV, to display what Chrome displays onto your TV as a very-large-display... so what is that device, please?

When an option become grayed or faded or disabled, it means something else is required before that option will become active. In such a case as yours, the first thing to check, of course, is the connection to your TV.

And, try shutting Off both the TV, and your device (that has Chrome on it, whatever it is).

Leave them both shut Off for at least 10 minutes.

Then turn On the TV first, then the other device after a half minute or so. See if that helps.

And, tell me how it goes, and what the device (with Chrome on it) is, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have acer chromebook connected to panasonic tv via hdmi. It has been working for me for months. Now when I go to menage display, option start mirroring is faded.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Check that HDMI cable. If it is the least bit poorly manufactured, it might have become defective, esp. if it has been bent, stressed, etc.

And make sure neither end has bent pins, and also re-plug firmly but carefully, with power Off to all devices involved.

Then power On each device, one by one, giving each one a chance to initialize before the next one. See if that restores operation / workability.

If not, you may need to try another HDMI cable - unless it's the very best, ***** ***** you test it with another device and find that it still works for both connection, video, and sound.