Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

The imput brings up the input screen but won't move off the

Customer Question

The imput brings up the input screen but won't move off the component input. It says all others are unused but won't let me swith inputs.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- Is the component video input grayed out in input source list and can't be selected?

This info will help to assist you further.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Component is yellow, all other options say not used and are gray
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

It seems grayed out Inputs are disabled (TV setup menu has such option) and all it needs to enable these inputs so they can be selected except HDMI inputs as it needs live video signal from connected video device to get enable.

Please press Menu and go to Setup option and find Input Labels option, choose an input and give it suitable/available label to enable it, select next video input and label it and this way you will get all of them on main input source list to select any.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.