Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Got a 43 in 4d uhd tv on Saturday.4 days later it will not

Customer Question

got a 43 in 4d uhd tv on Saturday.4 days later it will not connect to internet or connect to vizeo soundbar
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of the Vizio?

Also, what exactly is working on the TV- is it still producing normal picture, but no APPS and no audio through the soundbar?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
modelm43-c1. has picture, but eillnot connect to internet or work with soundbar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hassound fromtv,but nosound to soundbar
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Hang on I'm pulling that model up.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay what I need to know is- was the internet working on the TV when you first bought it?

Also, were the TV speakers on as well as the soundbar- or was all the sound coming from the soundbar?

Any storms or power outages that occurred when the problem happened?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it worked at the beginning.I got the soundbar today, but there is only sound from tv speakersm,vbut none from the soundbar..I do not think there were any power outages.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay the soundbar is a different issue- I thought you were saying it was working, and stopped at the same time the internet did.

As far as the soundbar, what's the make and model and where/how is it connected to the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is connected by an optical cable
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay no brand or anything on the soundbar?

So, if using an optical cable you also have to go into the Vizio MENU under Audio and shut off the TV speakers. Then most soundbars have an Input button you use to select optical. Let's try to get that going first and then we can move to the internet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a vizeo soundbar with a Bluetooth subwoofer. I need tiogotobed as I have to work tomorrow.Please send me an email if you have any solution.