Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

No picture. tv is hooked up to sat.(direct tv) tv goes to

Customer Question

no picture. tv is hooked up to sat.(direct tv) tv goes to stand-by with solid orange light on when first turned on then screen starts to come on but goes right back off and the blue on light starts flashing in intervals of 3 then pause fl fl fl pause fl fl fl pause. tried unplugging and restarting but no change.tryed changing diff. inputs on remote and no change but dont know where im at as far as input or channel due to no screen.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

OK these sets suffer from bad COF chips on the power-board they tend to go short and you may find little pin holes in them, other things that cause this are bad capacitors on the power-board can you do work yourself with the set?I will provide all relevant info

Let me know please

Anthony

Hello

Do you still need help with this please?there is a procedure to follow if you think you can do the work yourself, I will provide all info

If not you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony