Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I just purchased ZV427FX4A to transfer family VHS tapes to

Customer Question

I just purchased ZV427FX4A to transfer family VHS tapes to DVD. On page 20 of the manual it refers to "Input Mode" but does not indicate where in the set up this is to be used. This may be why when I press "2" on my TV remote and press channel down many times, I cannot get to the "initial Setup" graphic. I am using a Memorex VCR as the tuner and the basic wiring setup. Thank you.
John *********
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try going to Settings, then to Input or to Source, etc.

Also, on the TV you have it hooked up to (presumably with the red-white-yellow RCA cables) you need to go to MENU, then INPUT SOURCE, and select the input (component video, perhaps) that you have hooked up the Funai device to, on your TV.

That way the Funai's output, and setup, will be displayed on the TV screen properly, and you can continue with the basically simple-enough setup.

In short: I think the 'Input Mode' referenced is the Input Source selection on the TV, which would have to be rightly set, otherwise input from the three red-white-yellow cables will be totally ignored by the TV and never displayed.