Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My Toshiba 50L1350u just stopped working last night

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is there any power-light lit or blinking on the front of the set please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Anthony.No, not at all. I was watching tv last night. I left the tv on when I left my apt. for about an hour. I came back and it was off. Hasn't turned on since.

Very frustrating for you!

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info

Regards

Anthony

I am assuming you have checked and rechecked the power and all is well there and you have moved the TV to another socket perhaps?

If you have there is only that way forwards with it so let me know

Outside of that you are looking at a tech being involved www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Thank You

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was connected through surge protector, didn't turn on. Then I moved the power cord directly to the wall and still no power.I don't have something to check the voltage inside.

Has the surge protector got other things working on it?

Has there been any storms?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The surge protector only has a blue ray player and a speaker plugged into it. Same 3 plugs in it for two years. The other 2 devices still turn on. There were no storms last night besides the eclipse.

Blame that old bad moon lol

OK then reluctantly and for yourself biting the bullet the back of the TV will need to come off checks will need to be made it could be as something as simple as the sets own internal fuse to the power-board being bad ideally you/someone you know do need to have a meter and be reasonably confident about doing this, both jobs are easy if you can handle small tools like screwdrivers.

Let me know please outside of this you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Where can I get a meter? Hardware store?

Yes you can get one in a radio shack store or like that for about $20 just a cheap multimeter volts/ohms/amps come back here and we will continue, the question remains open always so do not worry about time.

I may not be able to answer immediately (I usually can)but will when I see your post

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. Will keep you posted.

No problem issues like this are seldom serious at the very most you may need to replace powerboard cost of that is about $80_$100 and that is worst case scenario

Anthony

Hello

Do you still need help with this please?

Anthony