Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

I have a Toshiba 52hmx84 that operated just fine last night

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba 52hmx84 that operated just fine last night but this morning it does not. What does the red power-on LED indicate when flashing along with the green LED? I notice that holding any of the control buttons causes the green LED to stay on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

As the first step, can you remove the power to the TV and wait 10 minutes. Make sure it is unplugged from the power socket.

After 10 minutes, plug it into the wall socket, then try to turn it on and tell me please if it then starts.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Followed your insructions now the red led is on steady but green is flashing then red turns off and the sequence starts over.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, unplug it again and hold the power button on the TV itself for 60 seconds then release. (not on the remote but on the TV)

Then power it and try to turn it on.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unplugged held on button red led stays on for 27 seconds then turns off a few second then come on gteen stsys on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

It is the mainboard in the TV that has faulted. Is commonly the Chipset to allow it to read the firmware as it is not even starting. We have ruled out all other causes for this.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is what I was afraid of. Being as I am a retired computer / electtonic tech is there any way for me to order and replace?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No sorry, they only provide the parts to resellers, there is no consumer outlet sorry. Its not just Toshiba, they all do this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in greenacres fla where is the nearest repair shop. Zip is33463
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It would be 8694 NW 38th Dr. , Pompano Beach, FL 33065

They visit you and you can call them on

***-***-****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for you help
at one time in my career I did over the phone tech support so I appreciate your help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

your most welcome Sir

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated so that I am credited please.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I call the repair shop and was told.that I can fix.it.myself with a flashdrive from office depot.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, your going to need more then a flash drive as thats just a memory device.

but glad the company I referred you to claims to be able to help.

Though you never did rate my service.