Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I was watching TV and it just shut off. Now I cant turn it

Customer Question

I was watching TV and it just shut off. Now I cant turn it on with the remote of the cable or TV remote, or the back button.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- Does power light on TV lit or flash when push power button to turn On the TV?

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not flash or lite and the tv is 71/2 months old.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been like this for about 3 days
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, it could be TV firmware glitch or hardware failure, lets try easy thing first.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If it doesn't fix the issue then I'm afraid it would be hardware failure inside TV (such as power supply board or main processor board failure) and since TV is 7 months old so I hope it would still be under 12 months warranty.

If so then please call Vizio to get warranty repair which wont cost you any money and if TV is out of warranty then please reply back to assist you further to repair it.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.