Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

When I turn my tv off it displays "NO VIDEO SIGNAL" HOW CAN

Customer Question

When I turn my tv off it displays "NO VIDEO SIGNAL" HOW CAN i TURN THAT OFF?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, When you turn your "Cable Box" off it displays no video signal. This means your cable remote is not programmed to turn your TV on and off. In order to turn the TV off fully (so that nothing is displayed on the screen) use the Toshiba remote's Power Button, the Power Button on the TV itself, or program the Cable remote to turn the TV on and off. If you are unsure how to program the remote then let me know whom your cable/SAT provider is.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adic: The cable remote was working before I unplug the computer. When I use the power button to turn off the computer I still get the error message.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What computer are you referring to here? You mentioned a TV and a cable box, so not sure how a computer is in the mix here. Please elaborate.