Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I HAVE MITSUBISHI WD 73642. THE SCREEN KEEPS GETTING DARKER

Customer Question

I HAVE MITSUBISHI WD 73642. THE SCREEN KEEPS GETTING DARKER AND DARKER
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. The screen getting darker is indicative of a lamp that's failing and needs to be replaced. When was the last time you replaced the lamp on the set please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

When the screen gets darker and darker- and the brightness has no effect, then the TV is telling you that the lamp is failing and should be replaced very soon (before it shatters). If you've replaced the lamp recently and it was not an OEM (original equipment) lamp, then this is also a common cause- as Mitsubishi sets require the correct OEM lamps when replacements are needed. The OEM lamp for your set can be purchased at the link below and will fix the problem:

http://www.purelandsupply.com/wd73642-mitsubishi-dlp-tv-bulbs.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwp56wBRDThOSZ3vqGzmESJABjNaj9Y8eJn0mUoNX_3FDNHxuYpjZCsgXSfPB_EOqU5UyRwBoCLUPw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.