Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Sharp LC-C4655U TV that will not power on. The OPC

Customer Question

I have a Sharp LC-C4655U TV that will not power on. The OPC light flashes, Then TV makes a clicking noise then shuts down.
I've removed the back cover and no capacitors seem damaged. Any recommendations?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
By the way , this is NOT an answer so there is no need to rate yet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm ready when you are. I have TV here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is pic of model number from back of panel and pic of board inside TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You still here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at other links and found the TV is not Repairable... The power blinks 2 times and the OPC blinks 5 times. I unplugged TV, held volume up channel down and plugged TV in. It powered on and backlight came on tv. Other links on this forum says TV is not repairable.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but i had to go out by the time you replied .

I was going to ask you about the blink code and i see that it is 25 which is power and OPC twice then 3 more times OPC

That is a defective t-con board which is the most common problem for this model and repairable if you are up to it

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If repairing this yourself is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $200 to parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
Or this one;
http://www.tvrepairman.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate so i get paid for my time helping you and you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you