Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Nathan I have a LG flat screen TV model number 50pv400-ub I

Customer Question

Hi Nathan I have a LG flat screen TV model number 50pv400-ub I have to turn the TV on and off multiple times sometimes for 20 minutes to get my picture to come on I have the back panel open sitting in front of me right now
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is it just the pic you don't get or is it pic and sound?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only picture is what I don't get I have sound I get picture if I turn it on and off for 20 minutes I took off the back case and did not seen any swollen or purged capacitors

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control (whilst black) can you get the menu up OK?

While it is black can you see any visible feint light on the display at all?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No theres visibly nothing from any angle and no menu pops up

Hello

You need to switch the set on now whilst the set is black run it that way for 10 mins switch OFF the set, then feel the heatsinks on the left and right boards are they warm?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Anthony, after running the TV for 10 minutes then turning it off both heat sinks left and right boards were cold but the center board power board was warm on the heat sinks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Heres a pic

Thanks for the pic, its not a case of "ideas"actually, its a logical process of elimination, OK so the heat-sinks are cold that means during the fault the scan board(s) is down so the next check is with a meter during the fault take the Vs and Va voltages on the powerboard the correct voltages for Vs and Va are on that sticker on the top of the panel in the photo let me know what voltages you are getting please red lead to point on power-board black lead to metal chassis meter set to 300vdc

Anthony