Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a problem with my daughters insignia 19" lcd tv

Customer Question

Hi tim. I have a problem with my daughters insignia 19" lcd tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Tim is no longer with the site, but I will be glad to assist you.

Please tell me how long you've owned the set for and when this problem occurred?

Also, if you press MENU, or Volume using the Insignia remote- will these items display on the screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had the tv since last xmas. Pushing menu gets nothing either on remote or on tv itself. Just started yesterday
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. So the set is still under warranty then- brand new less than a year ago? The reason I'm asking is that there are no settings or adjustments that can correct the TV's native MENU not appearing on the screen. The MENU supersedes ALL settings, so this is a hardware failure. The screen going completely white with nothing displaying is a fault in the power supply board in most cases.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and press power once. Let me know if the Insignia logo displays. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you still have the same problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried it three times. Still white
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No insignia logo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. The power supply board in the set having a fault is what causes this. All you can try on a user level is to leave the set unplugged from power for an hour or more (overnight is best) and see if the set reboots when plugged back in. If not this needs repairs to fix and since it's less than a year old this is covered under Insignia's warranty and you would need to call them at the number below:

Insignia:

1-***-***-****

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?