Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Sony brravia flat sceen lcd hd tv half screen is grey and

Customer Question

sony brravia flat sceen lcd hd tv half screen is grey and half screen black display no video
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model number kdl52nx800
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I have been attending services.

This symptom is typical of a failing T-con board. There is no easy fix like pressing some buttons. The board inside the tv will need to be replaced. The part number of the board is RUNTK4400TPZB. It is hard to find in stock because it is on back order. Here is a link:

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/sony-part-number-RUNTK4400TPZB.aspx#

I am here to help you. If you need more help reply back. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand this is upsetting news, but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv was on having the same issue as before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was suggested to change the t-con board.is there a technician you can recmmend to do this job (part & labor).if possible please send me a list of sony tv technicians located nr monterey park,ca 91754.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Click here for a comprehensive list of trusted servicers

It is suggested to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating so that I am credited for the time I put into servicing you.